Friday, April 3, 2009

Welcome To New Orleans!

Hey All,
SO much has been going on this past month! One really exciting thing that happened for me was that my best friend came to visit! She likes in Massachusetts but goes to school at Colby in Maine. It was a great experience for her to get to come down to New Orleans in March for some nice sunny weather when it was in the 20s at home in Maine!

So I have SO much planned for her weekend and unfortunately we didn't even get to fit it all in because there is just so much to do and such little time. But we did get to do alot of fun stuff!

She arrived on a Thursday and that night I took her out to one of my favorite Sushi resturantes in the city. It is called Rockin Sake. It is in the warehouse district and they have great bright light decorations all around and play loud awesome music so it really is ROCKIN! and their Sushi is AMAZING!!! It is such a fun atmosphere and great place to go for dinner.

On Friday, we went to Magazine Street and did a little shopping at some of my favorite boutiques. She loved them and although she came attempting not to spend any money, she found a dress she just had to buy, ha. On Friday night we went and saw Tulane Baseball play USC. It was a great game, but unfortunately they lost that day. But the next day they played again and they won big time! ROLL WAVE!

On Saturday, I had volunteering scheduled for my sorority that Morning at the Louisiana Children's Museum so she got to explore campus a little bit while I was at the Children's Museum. It was Dr. Suess Themed Day so we painted the kids faces, helped them make Cat in the Hat hats and and read them story time. It was a great day and the kids had a blast! When I got back, I picked up Brook and I took her downtown. We wandered all over the city, did a little more shopping, had her try Pralines and hung out by the River. We also watched a couple of street shows and looked at some of the local artists paintings. She loved the city and I was so glad to show it to her.

That night I took her to my favorite New Orleans resturante NOLA. NOLA is one of Emeril's resturants and has PHENOMENAL food, great service and a great atmosphere. She loved it too. We both got the redfish which is a really popular fish here in New Orleans. After dinner I took her down to Burbon Street so she could get a feel for that and see the nightlight that downtown new orleans has to offer!

Unfortunately, she had to leave early on Sunday morning to get back to Maine so she didnt miss any more classes on Monday but we had a great weekend and she is planning on coming back again next year!!
We are in the home stretch for this semester and only have 4 weeks of class left. I can't believe in only 4 weeks I will be a senior! It seems like I JUST got here! I can't believe it!

Happy Spring Time!
Kelly

No comments: