Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Its really happening... I'm a senior.

Hi All!
Happy first week of school! Classes started yesterday, and so far so good. It is so interesting to me to see campus so crowded with people since living here all summer it was very empty. All of the new freshman moved in on Saturday which was a very successful day. By 1230 it looked like they were all pretty much moved and and people were getting used to the campus.



For my last week of summer I spent it in Sea Island, Georgia with my best friend and her family. She has a summer house there that they just renovated and it was awesome. It was a pretty short flight from New Orleans. Sea Island is in very south Georgia so we actually flew into Jacksonville, FL and drove from there. The island is about 7 miles long and has ocean on one side and marsh on the other. I spent 5 days there and had a blast. The island has a resort that all residents belong to and every Tuesday and Thursday they have bingo. Unfortunately we didn't win bingo, but I had a blast doing it. After that we did line dances (Macarena, Electric Slide, etc...) with all of the 8 year olds then headed home. It was a great week to end my last summer of college.




So there are some new changes on campus this year...

1. The Reily Center (the gym) got 20 new cardio machines! Very exciting for all the frequent gym goers because there are no longer lines waiting for an eliptical or treadmill.

2. New new eateries in the LBC - Panda Express and a new Mix Ins Salad Bar. I haven't tried either yet but have heard very good reviews from others about them!

3. Half of McAlister Drive is underconstruction. After a very large donation from an alumni, Tulane has begun the process of turning the first half of McAlister Drive into a fully green pedestrian walkway. Hopefully they will be done by December like they promise. Having construction on campus is at times annoying, but at least Tulane is always trying to improve it self.

Ok I am off to start my first homework assignment of the semester! Enjoy your last fews days of summer if you have them!

Kelly

No comments: