Sunday, March 7, 2010

FINALLY ITS WARM AGAIN!



So New Orleans has been upsetting me a little lately. It actually isn't New Orleans fault at all really, its the weather! The entire country has been having a very very cold winter, and we haven't been left out of that. But in my senior year spring semester, the cold can't stop me! As we were preparing for Mardi Gras I realized that I forgot to bring back any of my winter jackets to New Orleans after Christmas break. In a desperate text to my mother I said... "Mom, If you love me, you will 2 day ship my ski jacket." Needless to say, My mother does love me, and the jacket was here 2 days later.

This Mardi Gras was a great time. For the first time in my Tulane Career, I walked from Campus to Downtown. We decided to do it starting in the early afternoon and it took us 2 hours. The walk we took was 4 miles down, straight down St. Charles. It was so fun to be with friends and just enjoy the excitement of Mardi Gras during the day. We did take a few pit stops on our way down, but we made it happily!

Since recovering from Mardi Gras, I've done a ton of fun things! We had two sorority events which were great and I just had the BEST WEEKEND!

So as I have told you before, people from New Orleans go to the "Levee" or as the locals call it, the "Fly" on nice days. This weekend, to say the least, WAS BEAUTIFUL! Both Saturday and Sunday were 70+ and Sunny! On Saturday my friends and I went to the Levee to both lay out and enjoy the sun, but also to support a great cause! At the Levee on Saturday there was a fundraising event for pediatric brain cancer. A local young boy died recently from Brain Cancer, so his family and friends organized this event to raise money and awareness for a cure. The event got together some of the best chef's in the city to donate their time and food to the cause. There were tons of tents set up outside where you could get free food and drinks (and encouraged to provide a donation for the cause!). The event was a Pork based event so most of the dishes somehow incorporated pork! Although I am a vegetarian, my friends all enjoyed the food and said it was fantastic! After the festival we just hung out by the river and got a little color. It couldn't have been a better day.

Lucky for us, today was just as beautiful! I decided to go to the Tulane Baseball game. The boys were in their 3rd game in a series against Ole Miss. They had lost the first two games of the series, but I brought some luck because they won today! They actually played a great game and won by more than 6 runs.

All in all, it was an amazing weekend and I hope New Orleans decides to stay this warm!!!

No comments: